Home Community General Travel Transport Uber X at MEL

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam Jobbins 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Adam Jobbins
    Keymaster

FYI – for anyone flying into MEL, you can now book Uber X pickups directly at the airport. The Uber app will direct you to the shared pick up lanes between the T1-3 building and the Park Royal hotel.

Great to see more airports finally supporting rideshare options.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I have to admit I use the skybus as it’s so frequent and direct into town (and there was a VA deal previously), the part I hate is waiting for the onward hotel bus if you’re not within walking distance from there.

Taxi’s to town were $$$

I’m debating using Uber next time to the hotel and back to the station as I get a little impatient and I also dislike getting up really early to catch shuttles so you can go and pick up everyone else as well.

I was in WA mid-year and saw advertising for Uber in Perth also.

Adam Jobbins
    Keymaster

I live quite close to MEL (about 12 mins away in low traffic), and if I am not in a hurry I’ll usually use an Uber to the airport, and probably will from the airport to home now too. If I have a very early flight or I am short on time I use a limo service. It’s about 3x the price of an Uber, but I know that they will move heaven and earth to make sure there is a car waiting for me at the agreed time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.