Home Community General Travel Travel Tips Luggage recommendation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nate
    Participant

I’ve just dropped my Samsonite bag off to the repairers for the second time this year, the base where the wheels are keep cracking (this latest repair will mean 3 of the 4 wheels have been reinforced).

It’s a hard case bag, what do the rest of you use? I am using my luggage probably more than recommended – every year I visit the USA, and this year I also did Europe.

Adam Jobbins
    Keymaster

I’m a HLO

Soft duffel bag that I can fit under the seat in front (where possible).

Checked bags are the #1 way to make airports suck

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

I just don’t think Samsonite make the same high quality luggage they used to make.

nate
    Participant

I just don’t think Samsonite make the same high quality luggage they used to make.

Agreed.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Twice in one year isn’t good. I have a samsonite I bought on sale. Still thought it was expensive. Only one wheel repair. One other part. Surviving well though but not using it lately. Had soft case as well, smaller black wolf, then Sierra which also broke. Mainly the bars the handles slide back into within the bag. I also don’t like the book-style opening for samsonite. Doesn’t work for most rooms. Prefer soft shell. Has compartments. Easier organizing gear.

You can either go for something expensive and hope it lives up to the durability test, or accept something cheaper and accept you’re going to replace every couple of years. I went for option B. Figured I’d cry less than if I went with option A and it didn’t work out 🙄

I also didn’t want want to spend that much on … a bag.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.