Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nznigel
    Participant

I recently dropped back to Gold but am well on my way to getting back to Elite (India, Denver, Denver+Ohio in the next month or two).

A friend messaged me a couple of days ago saying that he got an email saying the points required for Elite is dropping from 1500 to 1400.

Anyone else heard this? If so, when is it likely to take affect?

NH

Adam Jobbins
    Keymaster

I haven’t seen anything about it dropping. It still appears to be 1500 to qualify, and 1350 to requalify

nznigel
    Participant

Interesting – so I asked him to have a look, and the page that he was referred to in the email (around July 27) now redirects him somewhere else.

So it makes me think they either:
    (1) Changed their minds, or
    (2) Maybe the change wasn’t supposed to be pre-announced (eg maybe it changes on Aug 1).

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I haven’t been taking much notice of recent emails so would have missed it if present. Time will tell if it’s true. News of a drop in SP requirement wouldn’t stay hidden for long! Sounds like you’ve got elite in the bag either way 🙂

Adam Jobbins
    Keymaster

I’d be surprised if they did lower it. Why would they? There are a huge number of people who qualify already under the current thresholds, and it would just mean more contention for rewards like RUs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.