Home Community General Travel Travel Tips UK Holiday Visa

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

As I understand it a NZ passport holder can stay in the UK for up to 6 months on a holiday visa (ie no prior application required) as long as you have a return ticket.

Questions:

1/ Does the 6 months start from when you first enter the UK and end 6 months later, or is it measured by the time you spend in the UK only ie for instance could you fly to UK with a return ticket, spend 1 month in UK then 1 month in France and rinse repeat 5 more times so you actually are away from NZ for 12 months, but only spend 6 months in the UK?

2/ How often can you get the 6 month holiday visa? eg could you go to UK for 6 months, then come home to NZ for say 1 month and then go back to the UK for another 6 months?

All above is on basis of being on holiday – I understand you cannot work or rent a permanent home etc.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I think you may want to try a more official website or person as these questions seem to get down to the nitty gritty finer details of what’s allowed and what’s not of the visa and would hate to put you wrong.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.