Home Community General Travel The Departure Lounge (Off Topic) India e-visa for business (‘casual business travel’)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul Spain
    Keymaster

I’ve been having a bit of fun with the online forms, and hoops to jump through getting an Indian visa. The travel agent (and Travcour) suggest avoiding the online e-visa option. The problem is that if I do a traditional visa application I’m unlikely to have my passport back in time for another trip I have coming up prior to my visit to India.

This is a short business trip, so I’d be applying for the ‘casual business travel’ option rather than a tourist visa.

Anyone have any experience or recommendations on e visas for India?

Paul Spain
    Keymaster

A quick update on this – the business e-visa worked out perfectly despite the travel agent and Travour suggesting against it.

What I did learn from some else is that the e-visa queues upon arrival can be longer than normal border control queues. So on that basis I hightailed it through arrivals to get their quickly. As it happened, on this occasion there was only one person ahead of me and I was the first one out of a large group to pass through customs/border control.

Kiwimac
    Participant

I used e-visa when I went last year. No problem at all.

I did find the application process bordered on the ridiculous, requiring all kinds of utterly irrelevant information such as parental names and jobs etc.

Indeed, I find Visas fairly irrelevant in this day and age. If you just want an excuse to charge me $100, just get me to pay it when I arrive. It’s not as if India could find my Visa details in less than a month if they wanted to – once when I was there, I had to deal with the Police after having cameras stolen and that was mind boggling in terms of the inefficiency.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.