Home Community General Travel Travel Tips Trips to Europe and UK

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    gnfb
    Participant

From what I can tell those that are travelling to Europe or the UK after March 2019 need to make sure they have the correct credentials (passports and visas). Most of the reports that are coming out , other than from those that voted to leave are forecasting an incredible upheaval occurring at points of entry to Europe and the UK. I would suggest you check with the airlines you are travelling with as to possible changes to requirements.

Adam Jobbins
    Keymaster

Going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out. Good chance it’s going to just turn into utter chaos

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I don’t think the requirements are changing for NZ passport holders. The lines might be longer due to changes for UK/EU travellers.

There was an article saying the UK were trying to let kiwis and some other countries have access to their e-gates before Brexit. But I haven’t heard an update. I’m flying June so I’m sure I’ll read up on others experiences prior.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/news/article.cfm?c_id=7&objectid=12151285

gnfb
    Participant

Kiwiwings correct everything other than Uk passport holders will affected and then it will mean that you will be restricted to the amount of days stay in EU countries. There could be some other issues with various ” air bodies” A lot of them are EU … but lets not borrow trouble before it happens.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Partner is still on a UK passport but if it looks difficult for travel we’ll switch him to NZ. He just had quite a bit of time left on it.

gnfb
    Participant

Partner is still on a UK passport but if it looks difficult for travel we’ll switch him to NZ. He just had quite a bit of time left on it.

From what I can tell at present(dont quote me LOL) you will still be able to travel to EU countries but you will be heaped in with the rest of the non EU and will have restrictions , usually a day limit and proof of exit ticket to get in. It is unlikely that you will need a visa but always check with airline before travel. I always suggest the airline as they are usually the ones that pay the fine if you end up in a country without appropriate credentials.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

The day limit sounds weird. Ah well, sounds like the mug will have to join my line – yay! I usually send him ahead to grab bags etc.

Kiwimac
    Participant

I let my UK passport lapse years ago. It was expensive to replace and offered me no benefit really – and it’s not as if they can decide not to issue me a new one since I was born there.

It amuses me that they always stamp my NZ passport “No recourse to public funds and work prohibited” when I enter the UK since, as far as I can work out, my rights by citizenship trump the stamp in my NZ passport.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.