Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gnfb
    Participant

Recently completed a long haul to the mother land England. Flew Etihad Biz. This is only about the codeshare sector with AirNZ. Akl-Syd and back. I worked for AIRNZ for a short while and have a favourable view towards them, but I feel that I can still be objective. So quick flight up from PMR and across to the Koru International lounge. Uusal friendly greeting even though it was a codeshare ticket. Good food, wifi not to busy. Flight staff on both outward and return journey were as always friendly helpful and “kiwi”. However whats with the sardine class? Looked like the standard lay flat bed but my shoulders touched either side of the divides! trying to turn to use the drink stand, difficult. Just felt one was squashed in. Seemed less privacy with the layout and I had 3a windows are offset so difficult to cloud watch. Did I mention the staff were great? finally no vanity kit? I personally dont need it but whats with that ? AIRNZ lounge at Sydney for the return journey was great and yes great staff!

Adam Jobbins
    Keymaster

I’ve never had a vanity kit on a Trans Tasman flight in business on any airline. Too short a route for them to bother.

I’m also not a huge fan of the Air NZ herringbone ‘Business Premier’ seats. Certainly they are a million times better than sitting in Economy, but compared to my relatively limited experience with other airline’s lie flat hard product (being UA domestic first on a B757 and a few domestic QF business suites on the A330), the Air NZ seat has been my least favorite.

I’ve only flown Air NZ business on the B733 (3 or 4 times now), but I think the seats are slightly narrower on the Dreamliners, if that’s what you were on?

Kiwiwings
    Participant

It’s a pretty short flight across the ditch. LATAM and sometimes Qantas red eyes provide amenity kits on the Tasman. Maybe eye mask or something on Emirates which were day flights so never bothered with those.

NZ isn’t the best seat in seat mode. Agree it’s a pain to cloud watch and turn around for the drinks stand. Something I’m sure they’ll fix when they eventually update the seat properly.

Bed mode is great 🙂 which is useful given they do a lot of long haul flights overnight. I’ve pretty much decided if it’s day flying with NZ I’m only aiming for premium economy. Feel like dozing at best rather than sleeping. Night flight I think lie flat is nicer so aim for business or economy SkyCouch although PE is fine too.

Other airlines to fly on the ditch are Qantas A330s to Brisbane, Melbourne & Sydney, LATAM to Sydney, China airlines to Brisbane, Emirates from Christchurch to Sydney & in November Singapore Airlines Wellington to Melbourne on their A350 for more of a long haul lie flat experience. It’s not necessary on short flights but the option is there. Qantas and Virgin have recliner seats for business on their 737s which are more like PE on Air NZ except I think I prefer Air NZ. China Airlines and LATAM are generally cheapest for business.

With the EY partnership it’s generally going to be VA and NZ for the Tasman leg. You could always swap out with someone in PE for that leg. I’ve thought of doing that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.