Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kiwiwings
    Participant

https://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-rolls-out-qsuite-business-class-to-its-boeing-777-200lr-jets

Title says it all really. I was wondering when New Zealand was going to get some Q Suite love 🙂

No actual date listed though.

Adam Jobbins
    Keymaster

They do look very nice!

Kiwimac
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I dread to think what that will cost!</p>

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

If you need to ask the price you probably can’t afford it!

Kiwimac
    Participant

I know….

First class Dubai to NY is around US$30,000 I read somewhere!

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I know…. First class Dubai to NY is around US$30,000 I read somewhere!

I think you’re thinking of Emirates (their hub is Dubai, Qatars hub is in Doha).

I don’t believe it will change the cost that much. I think other things like rising fuel costs will push up fares.

I am pretty sure I saw QR First class for 7-8k return Oz – LHR return which is actually an amazing price via a point hacks travel manager promo.

Other ways to fly up the front with QR is via paid upgrades. If they don’t fill J, then send out emails to select people offering a fixed price for them to pay to upgrade. I don’t think you get extra points etc. But you’re still not paying full fare which is good.

They have sales, promo codes, and if you bought your ticket originating out of the UK I think generally it’s supposed to be cheaper. So buy a one way there, then buy a return ticket from there back to NZ, which should be cheaper than buying a return ticket from NZ – LHR return.

Or, get yourself to Asia as some good fares originate there.

You could buy points in a partner program like AA and use those to book Qatar business outright and you’re paying less than the full cost. Tough part is finding award availability on your dates, or close to the dates.

I actually met an 80yo recently who is still galloping around the globe and had flown QR. He said after 9-10hrs it’s all the same. Also know someone else who would rather a 1 stop from the UK to NZ than 2 stop and that’s in economy.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

So 5 of Qatars 772LRs have been refurbished with Q suites. That should give you a 55% chance of flying Q suites on the Auckland – Doha route. However – if you look at flightradar24 our chances seem a lot lower. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/qr921

The aircraft rego’s are A7- BBA, BBB, BBE, BBG, BBI. Only been on the route 30 Dec and 24 Dec. Probably because we’re not high demand. 🙁

A7-BBC, BBD, BBF, BBH have the old (but still nice) layout and seem to appear more on our route.

Edit: I had the regos mixed up in original post thinking we had the Q suites more but alas……

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I guess the plus side is it’s still 9 across in economy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.