Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kiwiwings
    Participant
    Adam Jobbins
    Keymaster

Interesting. If memory serves, It’s quite easy to get Silver normally with a single return flight from NZ to Asia in business, so with this deal you may well be able to get Gold with the same.

Being based in AU I really rate QF, especially in their premium cabins on their wide body aircraft. I was QF gold a couple of years back but dropped back to silver last year and finally bad to red this year after basically no revenue flying (My flying is mostly VA and NZ now as that’s who work is partnered with), but I’d take a QF lounge over a VA one anyway day. (But a NZ international lounge over a QF intl business one).

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I agree with your lounge sentiments regarding QF. The Perth domestic business lounge is my favourite domestic lounge in Oz, and they serve pizza in the evenings!

I have a friend that is Oz based flying for work, bit of personal. She was flying a fair bit of VA/NZ briefly last year so I thought she was switching from QF and offered her VA gold…..and she snubbed it!! She’s such a Qantas girl. Sort of doesn’t surprise me as I get the impression from reading forums its the preferred carrier although VA seems to have decent support. The lounges seem to be a big draw card though along with routes and one world partners, a first class etc. I’ve never been to the MEL/SYD international business lounges but figure there will be a day. Really wondering when they’re going to renovate the Auckland lounge especially with the increased A330 flights and partner airlines servicing Auckland.

I did use the double status credits last membership year to reach double platinum and took the 50,000 points but to be honest it probably would have been cheaper to just buy the points. It was the best dangly carrot going at the time. I do need to book some flights so will look at prices this weekend to see if I can work the DSC. Have to admit I only want lifetime silver for benefits with Qatar. Not fussed about going for gold but if I end up near it then I’d consider going for it.

Paul Spain
    Keymaster

That was a good offer for those seeking Qantas status. Would have interested me back when I was regularly flying with them. I still have have a legacy of that time with a lifetime Qantas Club membership which comes in handy from time-to-time.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

They’ve been coming around yearly in the first half. Alternatively they do some targeted offers 50%.

I’m less enamored with the programme now EK are leaving the remaining AKL TT routes. QFs A330 is good but it’s no EK. Will see if the A330 scheduling works for me.

I’d take lifetime Koru or Qantas over these status games any day.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.