Home Community General Travel The Departure Lounge (Off Topic) Kids Service on Air New Zealand

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Greg
    Participant

I noticed on the last couple of trips my girls have taken on Air NZ as unaccompanied minors from Christchurch to Auckland, that I have not been getting the updates or notifications as I should, a while back the airline added a $30.00 extra charge for unaccompanied minors which you have no choice but to pay, as they are the only airline that offers the service in NZ, I’m not having a go at them for this, it’s good business actually, but I wonder if when the plane is delayed or a service is changed, that maybe their system is not smart enough to pick up the changes and keep the recipient, parent or caregiver connected and updated correctly? has anyone else been experiencing this of late?   Cheers Greg

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Slightly different but I flew my nephews up to AKL and just used flight radar 24 to track the flight.

One was 15 so the 11yo was allowed to travel with him without going through paperwork – finally! Never used the little wrist bands although they look cool.

I would feed back to them via social media? They seem to be incredibly responsive.

Adam Jobbins
    Keymaster

I’d certainly hit them up on social media about it. They have SMS alerts already for delayed flights etc, so I’m sure it’s not too much of a stretch – but probably depends how many UMs actually travel and if it would be worth the technology investment. But no harm in asking!

Mauricio Freitas
    Keymaster

My daughter went Wellington – Napier – Wellington last week and we received LOTS of SMS, with all updates… Contact Air NZ to make sure they have/had the correct details for your notifications.

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

I’ve flown both last week and this week with lots of unaccompanied minors around on both occasions. I haven’t once seen the wristbands – everybody just had tags around their neck. Are the wristbands still on offer?

Mauricio Freitas
    Keymaster

Yes, they are. Bella had those both ways WLG – Napier – WLG.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.