Home Community General Travel Travel Tips JR Duty Free 15% off

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

I see JR Duty Free have another 15% off sale for all online purchases until the 2nd July 2017. They have stores in Christchurch and Wellington airports and also offer a pickup service at Auckland airport for online orders.

JR Duty Free website

drajk
    Participant

I’ve found that in general NZ Duty Free prices aren’t great value compared to some other sources. For example I have seen fragrance specials at Chemist Warehouse in Australia which are less than half of equivalent NZ Duty Free prices. I’ve also on occasion seen some Alcohol prices at Countdown lower than NZ Duty Free prices.

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

Yes.. It’s very much a case of buyer beware. It’s not always cheaper.

Gone are the days duty free represented a true bargain. Like everything at an airport it’s about maximising revenue.

It’s not uncommon in Australia to find most champagne is cheaper at Dan Murphy’s than at duty free. Here in NZ thatings are’t quite the same but with good supermarket deald they will be cheaper than duty free. Whisky I’ve both looked at and purchased on recent trips has only been cheaper at duty free due to 15% and 20% off deals, and had it not been for these deals it would have been cheaper to buy retail.

nznigel
    Participant

Now 20% off to August 1. And when I compared JR against all the others, it seems to be the best price (well, for Jim Beam Black Label anyway).

Let’s see if come August 1 whether they extend it again!

T’s&C’s:

*Available from 9am AEST Monday, 3 July until 9am AEST Tuesday, 1 August 2017. Available for online purchases only in Australia and New Zealand at http://www.jrdutyfree.com.au or http://www.jrdutyfree.co.nz. 20% off liquor is available on full priced Champagne, Sparkling Wine, Cognac, Brandy, Bourbon, Gin, Liqueurs, Rum, Single Malt, Tequila, Vodka and Whisky. JR/Duty Free cannot guarantee the availability of stock during the offer period. Not available in conjunction with any other offer unless otherwise stated. Duty Free allowances apply. Not in conjunction with any staff or incentive program discounts excluding JR Vantage. The offer cannot be redeemed against a prior purchase. Applicable refunds will only reflect the purchase price of the item as displayed on the receipt, rather than the original ticket price. JR/Duty Free reserves the right to change, amend or end a promotion or limit sale quantities at any time without notice.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Aelia also has 20% off with promo code SAVE20 but it’s only on for another 1 day, 4hr including grog.

Adam Jobbins
    Keymaster

Hopefully they do extend – at least until my flight out of WLG on the 14th

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I wonder if you just have to order by end date or if that includes pick up also? No restrictions noted in T&C

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Hopefully they do extend – at least until my flight out of WLG on the 14th

Aaaand you’re in luck!
    <h4>SAVE AN EXTRA 20% OFF THE DUTY FREE PRICE*</h4>
    *Available from 9am AEST Tuesday, 1 August until 9am AEST Monday, 4 September 2017. Available for online purchases only in Australia and New Zealand at http://www.jrdutyfree.com.au or http://www.jrdutyfree.co.nz. 20% off is available on full priced Champagne, Cognac, Confectionery Food, Fashion Watches, Fragrances, Liquor, Luxury Watches, Skincare, Souvenirs, Travel Goods and Wine. Excludes Technology, Tobacco, Chanel and Dior. JR/Duty Free cannot guarantee the availability of stock during the offer period.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Aelia have also extended until 29 Aug with promo code WINTERSALE for online orders

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Just scanned airpoints card, strata card, and collected 2 bottles Whisky for $99 but ordered a liquer online for the 20% discount. Sweet!😃

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.