Home Community General Travel Hotels & Accomodation Asking hotel directly for cheaper rate?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KiwiTraveller 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone has ever asked the hotel for a cheaper rate directly? I’m talking about hotels that you’ve developed a relationship with and spent say 30 or 100 nights with? (Specific hotel, not brand).

I pretty much go where price dictates and it’s been interesting visiting other places. But sometimes you just want to go back to your favourite.

I’ve never asked or approached any hotels about this, it was just a thought.

Adam Jobbins
    Keymaster

Haven’t done it personally, but know a couple of others who have personally and hotel has obliged when there is a cheaper rate through booking sites like Expedia.

The incentive in that case is the hotel gets paid at the time of stay, rather than days or weeks in arrears from the booking site, and without commission.

In your case, I guess you’re thinking about more of a loyalty approach? Maybe have a chat to them next time you book and explain you like the place but are price conscious. They may be able to offer you the equivalent of a corporate rate or something like that.

KiwiTraveller
    Participant

I would just email the hotel and ask. Some hotels are open to special arrangements – such as an ongoing discount for a corporate that agree to a minimum number of nights each year.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.