Home Community General Travel Travel Tips Strata Club – Auckland Airport – anyone using it?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kiwiwings
    Participant

Not sure this is the right section.

https://www.aucklandairport.co.nz/frequently-asked-questions

I remember fumbling through this app while in line for customs but I don’t think I completed the process.

Just saw a write up about it on point hacks http://www.pointhacks.co.nz/auckland-airport-strata-club-guide/#more-17636

Anyone actually using this? I’m debating the airport parking feature really. With the combination of duty free and spend on parking it should be possible to reach some sort of worthwhile redemption. Not infrequently I end up buying duty free on behalf of others so gold should be attainable. I’d probably be disgusted with myself if I ended up with Platinum!

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Hmmm 500 points immediately in account which equates to $5eVoucher to redeem on parking. Prefer Air NZ parking I think but I guess it’s one of those things where if you’re going to buy duty free or spend $ at the airport anyway then you may as well swipe your phone/card anyway and see what comes of it.

Download the Auckland Airport App and within that lies the Strata Club info.

1NZD = 1 Strata point.

500 points = $5eVoucher to redeem on Emperor Lounge or parking.

Partner promo’s eg if you like the alcohol on offer.

For tier benefits it looks like pay for car park E and get upgraded to A for stays 3-10 days.

Points only valid for 3 yrs.

AIA also combines info with your tripit app apparently.

There’s other info in there but I think these are the ones I’d find useful.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

https://www.aucklandairport.co.nz/tripit?gclid=CJLf9feIhdQCFVgnvQodbmQHrA

Auckland airport competition giving away tripitpro for a yr.

They were letting you buy it for USD $39 recently (as opposed to $49)

Steven_Ellis
    Participant

I tend to park at the airport for quick trips to WLG so it becomes quite easy to get points providing you book a car park in advance. Combining that with some international parking and a bit of duty free could easily see Gold Status.

One major issue so far is retailers struggling with the system to give you points.

I’m also surprised at the sheer size of the android app. It doesn’t do a lot but it is one of the largest on my phone.

drajk
    Participant

I performed two Duty Free purchases at Loop DF at AKL last week – still no points added to account.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I hate chasing up points – annoys the crap out of me (but I still do it).

I think my main issue for parking is it’s habit to book Air NZ parking so I need to stop and think rather than remember when I turn up to the airport.

Nobody wants booze at the moment – bit early for dry July.

As a side note we stayed at Sudima for the first time as it was a bit cheaper than the Novotel but went to the Novotel to check out dinner with A+ and it only cost $7 for parking for dinner.  It should have cost $15 for our time.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

https://www.aucklandairport.co.nz/tripit?gclid=CJLf9feIhdQCFVgnvQodbmQHrA Auckland airport competition giving away tripitpro for a yr. They were letting you buy it for USD $39 recently (as opposed to $49)

Hurrah! I won one of these 🙂 I’m wondering if many people even signed up for this.

Will be nice to compare tripit pro directly with kayak now.

However with the new promo on: https://www.aucklandairport.co.nz/strata-club/sydney-competition

it looks like I should have held out for the Sydney trip to win! Ah well – will go sign the partner up 😉

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I never read the T&C so finding things out as I go but apparently you can’t earn points for purchasing tech stuff or tobacco.

Otherwise I think I’ve redeemed $5 on parking so far.

What has been useful is drawing my attention to parking at the airport instead of at Air NZ – sometimes. Kind of have to weigh it up each trip. Haven’t been able to secure an upgrade to a closer car park though. Early bird gets the worm I suppose, and that hasn’t been me to date. Parking is probably the only benefit I care about.

Also discovered it’s better if my partner books any airport parking through my account otherwise you end up with points split between accounts and you can’t combine points from separate accounts. I’m part wondering if I can just send him a picture of my strata ID and he screenshots it and uses that to collect points if we’re flying at different times or just get him to log in to the app using my details.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.