Home Community General Travel Travel Deals Qatar sales

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kiwiwings
    Participant

They must have some sales on at the moment.

Business class return NZD:

Auckland to Europe ~ 5.7-6k. It’s pretty much majority of their destinations in Europe Jan – Sept with less dates through Jun – Sept.

Economy: ~1400-1600 return Feb 5 – Mid Sept. This is better still than a deal I snagged for $1600 return last year. AND … they’re awesome in economy. Had the 3-3-3 seat layout.

Singapore/Kuala Lumpur to Europe for ~ 2435. By Europe I mean Oslo and Stockholm. You can catch a cheap economy fare to wherever you actually need to be in Europe from there. Saw dates for 15 Jan to 15 May? Bookable directly with Qatar website.

Economy: ~ 821 return. IN-SANE!! The airport at Doha is super easy to transit as well.

I think some of these prices are going up as I type.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Qatar Sofia – Auckland business class return going for ~4000nzd. Change the setting to economy and it’s 1246nzd return. We don’t ever see fares like this from our direction Auckland – Europe.

I’m not sure if this is a sale or if it’s just the city pairing but it’s an incredible price to get all the way from Europe to Auckland. Even if you land in Australia the price goes up which is unusual for these parts.

The Sofia (Bulgaria) – Doha sector takes ~5hr on an A321 so expect a recliner chair. Basically like Qantas 737 business however it’s really the long haul sector from Doha – Auckland where you want and will receive the lie flat bed. Unfortunately there are still 2 of the 772LR aircraft flying around with non Q suites and they do frequent the Auckland route (rego A7-BBF & BBH). The 2-2-2 layout is still good though.

I don’t know much about Sofia but looks like a small airport. From google maps there is an Ibis styles within walking distance or a slightly more expensive Best Western Premier with a complimentary airport shuttle for an overnight stay. I would aim to fly the onward short haul economy ticket from Sofia – your Europe destination (say London) the same day, but I certainly wouldn’t aim to fly London – Sofia (3-3.5hr) same day for the risk of missing the long haul Qatar leg. I’d possibly look into booking separate tickets for the Sofia – London legs just in case I didn’t make the flight, then it shouldn’t affect the return segment.

Of course you need to get yourself to Europe in the first place to take advantage of the fares but that is doable. I think this is more useful for someone that travels back and forth between NZ and Europe maybe even annually. If you weren’t sure of the return travel date you could look into the costs of changing the date on the return leg with Qatar.

If crediting flights to Qantas it earns 80sc for the Auckland – Doha legs each way (Boo 🙁  ), and 60sc for Doha – Sofia each way. For comparison the earn from Asia (eg Jakarta) – Doha with Qatar is 100sc despite being a much shorter distance and even Perth – Doha earns 120sc.

Flying this way also beats out the value from an AA mile redemption on this route if bought at a low usd1.75c during a promo offer.

Dates seem wide open for these prices currently. Maybe someone can make use of it.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Doha – Sofia I think earns 50sc as it’s part of Southeast Europe. Although the Qantas calculator says 80sc. (I wish).

Ken
    Participant

I read somewhere about this. Let me go back to that source and will come back here.

Stevewrites2019
    Participant

I need more info please.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I need more info please.

What info are you after?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.