Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kiwiwings
    Participant

https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlines/price-promise/global/en

Never heard of this before but found it while clicking around for car info.

I’ve heard of the best rate guarantee (BRG) for hotels but not flights or cars. Might be worth keeping in mind but isn’t useful for me this time around.

Haven’t read through all of it but in general the conditions have to match exactly.

Paul Spain
    Keymaster

Good tip, thanks – I just noticed this as I’m flying Qantas this week for the first time in quite some time.

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

Air NZ used to have a policy like this on their .co.nz site

It really confused staff when you’d lodge a price claim and use the Air NZ site as the cheaper alternative – staff didn’t seem to understand that domestic fares can change continually all day both up and down.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I suspect if people found a cheaper price elsewhere they’d book that instead as you still receive the same sc and points.

I’d probably only use this if I’d seen it cheaper elsewhere and knew I was going to apply for the BRG for the 1000 extra points and be price matched. Problem is I don’t look elsewhere, I tend to look at the airlines site first.

GlobalTraveller
    Participant

I tried to use a price promise with a U.S. hotel chain recently but they found a loophole to get out of it.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I tried to use a price promise with a U.S. hotel chain recently but they found a loophole to get out of it.

I think I’ve read enough poor experiences with BRG to say I’m definitely not bothering with hotels in particular. Flights and cars I’m interested in but find car conditions a bit trickier to check conditions easily.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.