Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kiwiwings
    Participant

https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyns/QantasClubJoin?alt_cam=gl:ff:in:os:tw:qantas-club-may-20180522:twitter:n:n:n

Handy if you’re flying them a bit, and it’s cheaper than usual. They’re flying their A330s (pictured below) out of Auckland now Emirates have gone. Economy has a 2-4-2 layout with business class being 1-2-1 with their new-ish suites. For those outside of Auckland it’s the 737’s with 3-3 in economy and 2-2 in business class with recliner seats. Christchurch still has EKs A380 flying to Sydney, and then there’s Jetstar’s A320s to earn Qantas points as well.

Mauricio Freitas
    Keymaster

I was looking at the QANTAS Club yesterday but funny how they don’t list the price on the registration page.

Mauricio Freitas
    Keymaster

I see – it shows the price depending on filling the form with country of residence.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

If there was a “like” button I would have hit that 🙂

Paul Spain
    Keymaster

A 40% discount on Qantas Club memberships makes them super cheap. It’s just a pity Qantas no longer fly direct from Auckland to Los Angeles and then onto New York with the same plane these days.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

A 40% discount on Qantas Club memberships makes them super cheap. It’s just a pity Qantas no longer fly direct from Auckland to Los Angeles and then onto New York with the same plane these days.

No but it does give you privileges, and if you make status during that time you actually get to put your QC membership on hold for when you drop down.

I find QF/VA a bit cheaper sometimes to fly premium cabins to the US than NZ direct but the converse is true if departing Australia. Direct with VA/QF is priced highly and NZ cheaper. Not sure I can be bothered doing the round about routing.

Either way it might start someone off on their way to One World status which adds flexibility to your options. Haven’t really been following AA on the transpacific flights. Feel a bit traitor-ish!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.