Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kiwimac
    Participant

My wife and I woke on Thursday to find that check in had opened for our flight from Japan.

We were very pleased to discover we had been upgraded to Business from Premium Economy – no known reason other than the flight was full in Economy (I found out later whilst chatting to crew) which was actually over-sold, so some people were left behind.

Perhaps they had to shuffle people along a bit and we somehow made the grade with Silver & Koru because no Gold or Elite fliers were in PE or something?

Anyway – whatever the reason, thanks Air NZ!

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Operational upgrades to business class long haul. I don’t think it gets any better than that! I haven’t really heard of that happening much on the long haul flights but it certainly happens on the trans Tasman flights during school holidays etc.

Bit crazy they over sold. Haven’t heard much about that either. Some people in the US actually deliberately book oversold flights so they can receive compensation etc as the airlines will be requesting volunteers to off load etc. Bit dodgy.

Anyway – I’m off to the back of the plane today so I’ll try hard not to think about this 😛

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.