Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kiwimac
    Participant

We flew to YVR on PE not long after Air NZ launched the product.

We had linen table cloths, the ceramic salt and pepper shakers from Business, pre-take off drinks (sparkling wine and/or OJ from memory) and so on. It felt rather special.

We have now done subsequent PE flights to LAX and SIN and we noted that all those kind of nice touches had quietly disappeared.

It was still very nice, but certainly not quite as swanky as it previously was.

When did the changes occur and why? Anyone know?

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Funny, I’ve only ever known tray service! No pre take off drinks or BP salt & pepper.

Bottled water at the seat and drinks after take off though.

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

I don’t recall pre take-off drinks even in the early days of PE.

Certainly these nor table cloths nor BP salt and pepper (which aren’t even shakers in BP now anyway) have not been the norm since I started flying regularly in BP and PE 6-7 years ago. I have definitely had a couple of occasions in PE where pre-flight drinks have definitely been offered though, but this has potentially been when there have been delays on the ground.

There have been other obvious cutbacks in PE though. The drinks selection is now very poor with wine and spirit offerings changed around 18 months ago. The only hope of a decent whisky now is being Elite and asking the FSM nicely if they’ll get one from the BP cabin for you.

JohnA
    Participant

The change of seat has really disappointed me. The Spaceseat felt special and looked great. The new Zodiac seat is just another airline seat, and going to 2-4-2 is disappointing too.

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

The change of seat has really disappointed me. The Spaceseat felt special and looked great. The new Zodiac seat is just another airline seat, and going to 2-4-2 is disappointing too.

I was a huge fan of the Spaceseat but accept that it was a very polarising product. I’d go as far as saying it was a product loved by 50% of passengers but hated by the other 50% – there was no middle ground.

I’ve had probably a dozen flights in the new Zodiac seats now and honestly think they’re a better seat for day flights, but I haven’t slept as well in the 9 or 10 of those flights that have been night flights as I did on every Spaceseat flight.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

What happened to the space seats afterwards?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.