Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nate
    Participant

Had a rather interesting interaction with a particular staff member at the gate on my flight to Christchurch last week.

Booked seats 1A and 1B.  I was able to board with just my mobile, but my mate tried to do the same, and was told the flight was closed, he’d missed out and he wouldn’t be flying.

Cue me arguing the point.  The staff member said we needed to check-in as of 1 June (I gently reminded him we were still in May) and my mate couldn’t board.

After more gentle persuasion, he did me a “favour” and let my mate board. The head flight attendant was just as confused when I chatted to her as we took off, and gave me a few cookies to say sorry.

All of my interactions with gate staff to date have been pretty good – this last time was pretty bad.

Anyone else experienced this?

Kiwimac
    Participant

No. Also wasn’t aware that there was a pending change on June 1? What is that about?

nate
    Participant

No idea.  Head flight attendant also had no idea what the muppet on the gate was going on about.

Mauricio Freitas
    Keymaster

Regardless of the requirement, I always checked-in online. Just in case things like this happen.

drajk
    Participant

The latest newsletter had a comment about domestic checkin changes with a link to the following:

“Important changes for check in and departures

Barcodes on printed e-ticket receipts are no longer accepted at the gate scanners, as boarding passes when travelling on domestic flights.

Epass tags are also no longer recognised at the gate or lounge entry scanners. These were issued to frequent flyer Airpoints Elite, Gold, Silver and Koru members several years ago.

This change means that you’ll no longer receive a paper chit with your seat number, from the gate scanner when boarding your flight.

Passengers will need to either check in online or via their Air NZ mobile app, to attain a boarding pass on their mobile device, which they can use to scan at the gate or at lounge entry scanners.

Alternatively, passengers can still attain a printed boarding pass at our airport kiosks to scan at the gate as you board, or at our lounge entry scanners.”

It does say that you need to check in via the app to get a boarding pass yet in my experience a boarding pass is shown without clicking check in – perhaps this won’t be the case from Friday.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

This change means that you’ll no longer receive a paper chit with your seat number, from the gate scanner when boarding your flight. Passengers will need to either check in online or via their Air NZ mobile app, to attain a boarding pass on their mobile device, which they can use to scan at the gate or at lounge entry scanners.

Apart from the check in bit, so if you scan your phone no seat chit?? My NZ flights have always hit the account, but on the off chance it doesn’t what are we to use for proof we boarded to claim SP/APD ? I do have apple wallet but I don’t put my NZ flights in there because they always accrue! Just check the app on landing. And I have an android phone for overseas – screen shot?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.