Home Community General Travel Hotels & Accomodation Lodges and Luxury accommodation – Tree Tops Lodge, Rotorua

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul Spain
    Keymaster

I recently visited Tree Tops Lodge and Estate. It’s at a superb location about 15-minutes out of Rotorua. They have loads of walks and other onsite/offsite activities available and lots of wildlife on the massive rural property.

I’m curious if others have any recommendations for lodges or luxury accommodation we should consider including in a directory here on TravelTalk NZ?

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I’ve only ever stayed at some of the Australian ones. https://luxurylodgesofaustralia.com.au/lodges/  I don’t have any desire to do all of them. It was just whether it suited our plans at the time which seems to have worked out to ~ once every 2 years. I have looked through the NZ ones but they didn’t have the same appeal to me that the Aussie ones did. Possibly a bit of the mentality ‘it’s home’ maybe.

I think there are only 2 more I’m considering in the future but they have snags. After that I’m not sure. My favourite places seem to be out in the boonies!

Kiwimac
    Participant

Wharekauhau in South Wairarapa is excellent, as is Blanket Bay in Queenstown and Cape Kidnappers in Hawkes Bay.

My late father rented the Owner’s Cottage at Kauri Cliffs ($4,000/night I think) and that was pretty good too, he said.

Kiwimac
    Participant

I should point out that my business uses a fair few upper end properties, both this kind and hotels, for our clients where they ask for that level of service, so I know a few of them.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

https://baillielodges.cmail19.com/t/ViewEmail/r/7E021D308B8105892540EF23F30FEDED/FD57AE6C113FFD4484E5AAD5A6C37FC6

Here’s a good deal, book by 26 Feb but for travel May – July. 50% off.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.