Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kiwiwings
    Participant

https://www.kiwibank.co.nz

I think it’s 300 APD or 2 year fee waiver.

And there’s the benefits of buying Koru club at a discount – great if you’re travelling a lot by yourself or if there’s 2 of you eg couple.

Bonus APD if you spend on Air NZ flights.

Good earn rate for APD to get you to that free flight earlier.

nzregs
    Participant

Kiwibank  gives me loads of free lounge vouchers that basically go to waste (cause gold)….  i liked the BNZ card that waived fees over a certain spend instead.

I think their included travel insurance is probably better than the rest.

Biggest benefit with their card is that it has the best status point earn, so you can get to gold faster 👍

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I think that’s a common problem and it would be nice to transfer those into APD or parking vouchers. I don’t think the card includes domestic travel insurance? But agree it certainly has some more well worded policies.

Agree status is a lot easier if the credit card spend contributes.

I think 300 APD or 2 yr waiver is a great kick start offering for this card.

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

I wish the banks would negotiate something like parking passes and let you pick.

I was told by a good contact at ANZ a few years ago that the banks actually paid Air NZ for the lounge vouchers regardless of whether they were used or not. I do find this a little strange but my contact insisted it was how things worked.

If it is the way things still work you have to give an airline credit for actually pulling the wool over the eyes of the bank. Normally it’s the bank ripping people off!

nzregs
    Participant

Parking passes would be better for sure… but the airline obviously wins with the current arrangement and will be unlikely to encourage a change…

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

The Westpac World card offers 2 x parking passes per year, so there are systems set up to offer these as electronic passes.

I would really love to know whether the banks do still pay for all passes whether used or unused, because if they do it’s a massive money winner for Air NZ.

nzregs
    Participant

Airnz give you parking passes for GE every year too. So definitely do-able!  I still prefer the “waive credit card fees” option that bnz has (had?) for spending over the threshold. Something everyone can get value from

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.