Home Community General Travel Introductions and Meetups Hi, I'm LennonNZ

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Craig Whitmore
    Participant

Hi there folks, my name is Craig or LennonNZ on here and a lot of other sites.

I have worked at ISPs all my working life and I like traveling.

I have stayed at quite a number of hotels (Why go cheap when the room includes a butler or a free limo when you have to get anywhere) , flown (not as much as Steve)  and eaten out at some overly expensive restaurants in NZ and overseas (Where my wife gets offered a chair for her handbag type place)

I hope this place gets going well as there are lots of things that people basically don’t know when they travel.  Small things like walking on the correct side of the footpath, when an entree is not an entree, when/if to tip,  and even how an airport works and the best place to sit on the plane .

Its all confusing for the first time traveler and what you are used to in NZ can be quite different outside.

Anyway..  I need some rest.. just got from Singapore yesterday night.

Adam Jobbins
    Keymaster

Welcome! Sounds like you have a few tips you can hopefully share with the community 🙂

Mauricio Freitas
    Keymaster

Hey Craig, good to see you here! You should definitely give us a review of your latest Singapore hotel experience – those photos are pretty cool…

Craig Whitmore
    Participant

I will do so 🙂

btw.. the notification emails Maurico need fixing a little. the Subject is html encoded so does not show correctly..

Original Subject: Hi, I’m LennonNZ
    In Email (Incorrect) Subject: Hi, I & # 0 3 9 ; m LennonNZ    <– the ‘ is html encoded when it shouldn’t be (I had to add spaces for it to show)
    Should be Subject: Hi I’m Lennon

+ MIME encode (not html encode) if needed.

Adam Jobbins
    Keymaster

I will do so 🙂 btw.. the notification emails Maurico need fixing a little. the Subject is html encoded so does not show correctly.. Original Subject: Hi, I’m LennonNZ In Email (Incorrect) Subject: Hi, I & # 0 3 9 ; m LennonNZ <– the ‘ is html encoded when it shouldn’t be (I had to add spaces for it to show) Should be Subject: Hi I’m Lennon + MIME encode (not html encode) if needed.

Thanks. I can replicate this in Gmail, but it looks OK in Outlook. Will investigate.

Craig Whitmore
    Participant

Craig Whitmore
    Participant

I’m off to AU this weekend so the SO Sofitel – Singapore and Hard Rock – Sentosa reviews will have to wait until next week…..

I needed a few more AirNZ SP before next month and AU was the cheapest way to get them. The Hotel (Mercure) will be basically free due to Accor Points I have…

There are ways to get more SP/$  but I would have to fly to useless destinations from Wellington to get them (and I live in Auckland)

Thecatsgoolies
    Participant

I can recommend the Fairmont in Singapore. Get’s overlooked for the Marina Bay Sands which is sad but it’s an great hotel, with outstanding staff. Loved the check out lounge which was available for the rest of your day before departing for the airport (includes shower with their lovely Le Labo Rose 31 toiletteries)

Adam Jobbins
    Keymaster

btw.. the notification emails Maurico need fixing a little. the Subject is html encoded so does not show correctly.

Looks like this is a bug with the TinyMCE editor used here. It’s been raised with the developers of TinyMCE – but we’ve put a workaround in place in the mean time. @LennonNZ – can you please test and advise?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.