Home Community General Travel Travel Tips Google Flight land in New Zealand:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mauricio Freitas
    Keymaster

From the Google blog:

Starting today, you can search on Google for flights to a destination by searching for things like “Flights to Wellington” or “Flights to Australia”. Or, you can go directly to google.co.nz/flights to quickly and easily compare and book flights in $NZD — from your mobile device, tablet or desktop.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I likey likey!! 🙂

Makes it really easy to see why some full service carriers are struggling against LCC’s. Especially short haul I think a lot of people including myself are happy with an economy seat.

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

I likey likey!! 🙂 Makes it really easy to see why some full service carriers are struggling against LCC’s. Especially short haul I think a lot of people including myself are happy with an economy seat.

It really depends on the flight. I’ve got 4 LCC flights coming up in Europe in a couple of weeks and the price difference between then and the “full service” carriers is unbelievable.

Likewise I’m still yet to book flights for the US for January after CES as many are just totally unbelievable and Southwest isn’t yet on sale. On the 13th Jan for example the cheapest United flights from LAS to SFO are US$844 one way! At least I opted to fly home via LAX where it’s only 1/2 that.

I can’t book any Virgin America flights as their GDS system is all munted meaning all their data on Google Flights is wrong and even Air NZ can’t book then as a interline partner.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Google flights is also missing scoot biz flights. They display Y though and interestingly Norwegian shows in Y and PE appropriately. I like how they show a cabin tip of booking the next class up when PE pricing gets to be as expensive as business. I was looking at booking AA from LAX to YYZ but AA’s website which I’m unfamiliar with was a nightmare. Google flights is much easier on the eyes. Also good for checking cash fares as a comparison if considering buying miles/points under promo’s (e.g. UA has 100% bonus miles on currently with a devaluation due in Nov). Some routes it’s not worth it at all.

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

There are quite a few airlines that Google Flights doesn’t show. Southwest being quite a key one.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

There are quite a few airlines that Google Flights doesn’t show. Southwest being quite a key one.

What other airlines aren’t on google flights? Had a quick google but the info that appears is out of date as Easy jet, Ryan air & Vueling show.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.