Home Community General Travel The Departure Lounge (Off Topic) Entertainment book/Air NZ restaurant partner question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kiwiwings
    Participant

Does anyone know if you can use the entertainment book for discounts on meals and still swipe your Air NZ card to collect points if they’re a restaurant partner as well? Not that this dictates where you go to eat but it’s good if both discount and points apply. (Yeah I know the points accrued aren’t major.)

Only just swiped my Air NZ card at Crab Shack a month ago and it was a reasonable place to eat with very reasonable prices. Looking at trying Euro out which is in the entertainment book and also an NZ partner.

Mauricio Freitas
    Keymaster

It shouldn’t be a problem, as you’d probably collect the points on actual expenses, not bill total.

Prada is part of the same group of Wellington restaurants.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Got turned down for swiping the Airpoints card šŸ™ It’s not like they charge you more just to cover points.

Will try and swipe both cards atĀ Culpepper next week.

I really liked the decor and chilled atmosphere with some lounge seating as well. The wait staff was older but I really liked them. Food was great. Had the braised beef cheek with truffle mascarpone and celeriac risotto – yum yum! Friend was happy with her gurnard.Ā Just realised the Auckland restaurants are all in the same place at the viaduct.

Yeah I did notice a couple of the restaurants were in Wellington. Given I like 2 for 2 of the restaurants tried to date I’ll probably try out the ones in Wellington too but I won’t have the entertainment books for those. Either way it’s nice finding restaurants you would actually return to.

Mauricio Freitas
    Keymaster

Wow… That’s not on. They could give you the points for the actual amount paid, regardless.

drajk
    Participant

Pretty common – possibly sometimes it’s an on duty staff member concerned they may get in trouble for giving two ‘discounts’.

I suppose in some respects it is an additional discount – for example if the maximum Entertainment Book discount is say 25% then giving Airpoints on the balance results in a net >25% ‘discount’ on the overall price.

I do believe that restaurants in that group will let you earn Airpoints when paying with a gift card you have got by redeeming Airpoints at the Airpoints Store – I thought this was good (different to situation where you cannot get Airpoints for a flight paid for by Airpoints).

Kiwiwings
    Participant

We were staying at the Hilton so I decided to try out FISH instead of Culpepper as it’s in the entertainment book and also the possibility of accruing HH points with the residual bill. I was off to the loo but my partner said they took the entertainment card and were fine to have the residual bill put onĀ the room. Saved $45.Ā Nice to know that works. Will try Culpepper another time and report back unless someone else wants to give it a shot first.

drajk
    Participant

I was quite unimpressed with FISH when I went there last year – food was nothing special and service poor – certainly not the standard one anticipated from its earlier days as ‘White’.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.