Home Community General Travel Hotels & Accomodation Entertainment book and AA

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kiwiwings
    Participant

As cool as overseas travel can be I still like exploring my own backyard so this is more NZ/Oz relevant. Many places in NZ don’t have any major chain hotels so apart from booking direct these are some other sources to look at for deals.

Apart from the great food deals in the Entertainment book there are great deals on accommodation (and cars) which cover both NZ and Australia. And you are supporting a good cause!

They have Rydges, QT, IHG, Hyatt, Hilton also. If the price is right I’d forego the loyalty benefits.

50% off Mantra Peppers Breakfree, Marriott, Crown Metropol, the Darling Sydney, Astral Tower and couple of others. Peppers is a bit of a favourite of mine. Mantra is good for a serviced apt set up.

40% Oaks – probably my favourite serviced apartment chain.

Some others like IHG properties (although looks to be Oz based like Sydney and Canberra) are up to 20% off and Best Western up to 25%. Some say 10% off rack rate if 50% not available.

I did find dates I think in August with Peppers Martinborough with ~ $160 entertainment book discount over 3 days vs direct booking. The direct booking was the same as hotels.com and all included breakfast, same room ie same package. For some other dates breakfast was excluded so you had to place a price on that. Martinborough is good for wine tasting and my favourite pasta book is from there. There are a few nice towns close by. Not sure the road from Welly is too good at the moment though. Peppers Tekapo is another favourite with Mt Cook just up the road.

You will also find Lizard Island and Emirates One and Only in the online section. Definitely some cheaper prices than booking direct but not in the 50% range. From memory $100/night off the lowest rate I saw booking direct for Lizard.

The AA website also has places like Rydges, IHG properties, Jetpark, Oaks, Sudima and for places like Mt Cook there is the Hermitage. I’d like to stay at the Copthorne Hokianga one day. It’s gorgeous up there and features on the current Air NZ safety video.

http://www.aa.co.nz/searchresults/?query=accommodation&tab=accommodation

I have a friend that uses AA for the holiday parks for the kids when they go away. Also useful travelling with pets as sometimes these places are the only ones that will take you (but that is improving).

I would always compare to booking direct but it is worthwhile checking out a few websites before you pay.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.