Home Community General Travel The Departure Lounge (Off Topic) Dubai, would I still go their 10 years on ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Greg
    Participant

I first went to Dubai a while ago it was so amazing and I loved every minute of it, we stopped over for 48 hrs on the way to Brasil, we stayed in a youth hostel, it was a strange place, you knew you were somewhere different from what we would have considered the norm, no ladies anywhere that we could see, we went to the gold market which was amazing, but Gold was worth a lot at the time, so we didn’t buy any, I’m not so sure if I would go their now a days, but then again I might not want to go to England at the moment either, if you travel to Dubai or any other city in the Eremites, what do you think, go or no go, interested to get feed back. Cheers Greg

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Are you referring to all the political bull crap going on right now and recent terrorist attacks?

There are definitely places I would not be travelling to right now but I actually would still go to the UAE, Qatar and the UK. Just take extra precautions. You won’t be able to avoid them all – especially with the trend of using vehicles as weapons to run people down but everyone will have their own comfort levels regarding what is and is not an acceptable risk.

My biggest limiting factor is my partner! I wanted to go to Oman on a recent trip but he didn’t. He just sees a bunch of dirt when he looks at the middle east whereas I see the beauty in the isolation of the desert and the lights. In some ways it’s similar to the isolation of the snow. I find that blank canvas helps clear my head.

It sounds like you enjoyed your time in Dubai as did we. I don’t know what the world will be like in 10 yrs but I do hope it is better than the one we live in today.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.