Home Community General Travel Transport Crazy cab drivers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kiwiwings
    Participant

I had booked a cab from the CBD to AKL airport. All seemed fine until he took the turn to the Western Motorway instead of lining up for the onramp going south on SHI. He was like ‘yeah this way is faster’ and I was thinking – no it’s not! It’s going the wrong direction! Got a bit nervous when we headed down some residential streets and I just thought – we aren’t on main roads anymore, this doesn’t feel like a short cut and I started looking at street signs and texting my partner the names just in case. I hadn’t quite got to the point of considering jumping out of a moving cab but I think that was next!! We ended up on a sort of main road again but we got to a point of standstill where I started googling an alternative route as google maps doesn’t always take you the best way. I was thinking I wasn’t going to make check-in. Anyway taking some other back roads I was familiar with we got around traffic ok but I was so angry! And a bit worried. I was actually wishing I had taken Uber as I normally send the pic off to my partner.

I can’t actually remember the last time I’ve had this issue and well reality is some cab drivers have taken some other routes I’ve not thought of and been right. This wasn’t one of those times. I think I’ll just tell them up front which way we’re going next time.

What’s your crazy cab story?

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

Ending up in a cab in Vancouver who got lost in the one way system during the construction of the new SkyTrain line a few years ago. We ended up hopping out and walking further away from the hotel than where we actually started!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.