Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gnfb
    Participant

There is a good chance that next trip to UK I will try this China Airlines mob Biz Class.

Anyone who has used them, which lounges do they use in AKL and LHR and where ever they touch down in China I guess . Though there I would very much assume they have there own lounges?

Kiwiwings
    Participant

In Auckland they use the Strata Lounge.

Brisbane the Plaza premium lounge.

I’m sure they’ll have something in Taipei as it’s their hub.

They fly through to Gatwick rather than Heathrow.

Here’s an article which should help you with the lounges. https://www.ausbt.com.au/china-airlines-airbus-a350-business-class-review-brisbane-taipei-london-gatwick-bne-tpe-lgw

As I’ve posted previously, my only recommendations are to eat well on the ground between flights or BYO, and bring some of your own movies to watch, music etc.

Otherwise they have some very sharp pricing.

Tris06
    Participant

Lol funny. China airlines is a full service airline. Hence all AVOD is free. If You book business class You can get Also 24HR wifi credits by registering before your flight online (Their website).

No need to stuff yourself between flights as the food on the flights are fine. The airline flies into Taiwan which is not quite China. It is the Republic of China offically but democratic unlike PRC. Lounges in Taipei you have 3 options. T2 has 2 Lounges and T1 1 lounge in 2 parts. Food is fine just not amazing (no champane). You can expect Taiwanese noodles bar and 7-10 hot dishes depending on the time of the day. On the way to LHR go to T1 lounge on the way back go to T2 lounge near D4.

My suggestion is to just youtube A350 China airlines or B777 China airlines business class because those are the only 2 types You will get on the route.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Lol funny. China airlines is a full service airline. Hence all AVOD is free. If You book business class You can get Also 24HR wifi credits by registering before your flight online (Their website). No need to stuff yourself between flights as the food on the flights are fine. The airline flies into Taiwan which is not quite China. It is the Republic of China offically but democratic unlike PRC. Lounges in Taipei you have 3 options. T2 has 2 Lounges and T1 1 lounge in 2 parts. Food is fine just not amazing (no champane). You can expect Taiwanese noodles bar and 7-10 hot dishes depending on the time of the day. On the way to LHR go to T1 lounge on the way back go to T2 lounge near D4. My suggestion is to just youtube A350 China airlines or B777 China airlines business class because those are the only 2 types You will get on the route.

I’d say my thoughts regarding IFE and food are mirrored in this review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJKXVK3hUk

In saying that there was another reviewer nonstopDan?? that loved the food but he’s vegetarian. I realise everyone has personal preferences when it comes to movies, food & music etc but watching some reviews is a really good idea to see whether there are any deficiencies to prepare for or if you’re happy with onboard services.

gnfb
    Participant

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas. I use to be quite particular as to which airlines I would fly I was I suppose quite a snob about it. Just never thought it was worth risking my life to save a few hundred dollars. LOL I always use to fly Qantas purely because they had never had a major air incident. That was until someone pointed out the , because they had not had one there odds of having one was greater. At that stage i must have thought “say lah vee” and didn’t worry so much. You still will never see me on a Aeroflot or Malaysian airlines , sure there are a few others if i think about it. Anyway as for China Airlines the biz seat is cheaper than AirNZ premier economy. Worth a try.

Tris06
    Participant

The best tip is when flying from a western country choose the western option. When flying from Taiwan expect the chinese option to be better quality. The video of BNE-AKL a 3hr flight has a limited meal where the longer flights usually are 3/4 courses.

Entree, Soup, Main and Dessert.

Not the same quality as say Qantas or Singapore business class food but then it is usually 3/4,000 NZD cheaper.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.