Home Community Airlines / Frequent Flyer Programmes / Lounges Qantas (QF) / Qantas Frequent Flyer / Qantas Club Bose QC35 and other items in Qantas Store discounted

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GlobalTraveller
    Participant

I wasn’t super excited to see the Qantas Store having a sale – but then I got an email tonight apologising for a glitch with their points store and offering an extra 10% off already discounted prices by using promo code: supersale (valid just once)

i have points that I could convert to around nz$300 of store vouchers, or the Bose QC35 noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones.

Seems like a good deal. Any opinions?

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

QC35’s are a heavily discounted product in Australia. It’s not uncommon to see these down to the mid to high $300’s and the beauty of buying these in Australia is you get your GST back on the purchase. A lot of the good deals have been eBay sellers taking advantage of the 15% off deals that eBay have been offering.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I think the only time I would use points to buy something in store is if I had orphan points and didn’t have enough for a flight or it didn’t make sense to purchase extra points as a top up.

I dont know know what the actual headphones are like. I’m just using regular in ear headphones or AirPods. I only wear one AirPod at a time strangely enough. I think they look ridiculous with two!

Bought those in Oz and claimed GST.

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

N/C headphones are the best investment ever if you fly a lot. Bose have always been the benchmark and everything else has been a long way behind but the new Sony MDR-1000X headphones are regarded by many people as actually being better than the QC35’s

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I did buy some bluetooth beats headphones once but I never ended up using them that much. Thought it would be good not to be connected via wires and you could still get around your hotel or other accommodation without disturbing the neighbours etc. I think the charging peeved me off and although they have a case they’re still a bit bulky whereas my current small in earphones are just easy to carry around.

The noise of planes doesn’t really bother me (maybe except once where our little prop was exceptionally loud to the point of the FA proactively offering ear plugs in the cabin!).

I don’t have any issues with the sound quality of my current earphones either so if it ain’t broke……..  🙂

Paul Spain
    Keymaster

The Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless (and their ‘Skype for Business’ certified equivalent) are a grest option in my opinion. Right now I use them in preference to my other noise cancelling headphones including Bose. Approx nz$600-$800.

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster
    GlobalTraveller
    Participant

Turns out the 10% discount applies to converting points to vouchers. I’ve never seen that before and as I have no interest in using points for flights at the moment.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.