Home Community General Travel The Departure Lounge (Off Topic) Auckland Airport security filming

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kiwiwings
    Participant

So I think there’s some Airport security filming show thing and I’m not really a fan of being on tv accidentally. I think I’ve been hauled over once for a more thorough screening process coming back from Oz (buggar knows why?!) and it took damn AGES to go through and wasn’t allowed to contact mate I was travelling with. Anyway is there just one form you can fill out with Auckland Airport to say “hi, anytime my face appears please pixilate me”. Or is this something you have to go through EVERY time? To be honest I’ve been damn lazy about this stuff but my views are the same – no thanks!!! Should ask someone about it but haven’t been proactive to date. How does this process work?

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Apologies for the rant – have got off my lazy butt and investigated.

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

In Australia the signs during filming clearly say you should approach staff there if you do not want to be filmed.

They would need your explicit concent to actually appear as a “star” (as in a passenger who was filmed while being screened or processed) anyway which is the same with all reality TV shows.

Paul Spain
    Keymaster

I don’t notice any filming signs in Auckland when I passed through over the weekend after coming in from Los Angeles in the early hours.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.