Home Community General Travel Travel Deals Anyone snag one of the Air NZ deals US – Oz/NZ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kiwiwings
    Participant

https://onemileatatime.com/1500-business-class-australia/

I saw some of the fares discussed here on Expedia but hadn’t really been able to get dates to work for me.  And then the dates started disappearing right before my eyes! Anyway, it was a great deal for business class. It worked out to around 1100nzd each way. Booked through Expedia there was a 24hr free cancellation policy. I’ve never used it but I guess it would allow you to book now and think later 🙂

There was also the Cathay Pacific blunder selling first and business class seats for economy pricing from Vietnam to the US.

I would love to know how the bloggers even find these fares. Are they randomly searching routes all day every day?? Must be!

Adam Jobbins
    Keymaster

I suspect some people have alerts/filters set up, and possibly some have crawlers or other things that regularly check prices on certain routes

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I had to google ‘crawler’. Sounds like that’s what google flights does. Scrapes data from airline sites?

If people are flying those routes I guess I could understand the alert thing but there are so many routes especially from say Oceania to Europe. That would be a lot of alerts. Those flights are snapped up within hours.

I overpaid for some flights a number of years ago and the memory still burns…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.