Home Community Airlines / Frequent Flyer Programmes / Lounges Air New Zealand (NZ) / Airpoints / Koru Club Anyone feeling uneasy about their accrued Airpoint?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GlobalTraveller
    Participant

I have quite a few Airpoints accrued. Should I be quickly spending them or risk losing them if Air NZ devalue them or cancel them?

Kiwimac
    Participant

That is a hard question. I lost Silver status just before they decided to allow people to keep their status going pro tem – wife got to keep hers!

The way things are going I would not be surprised if travel normality to years to come back, rather than months. If you have a use for them other than as flights then I would seriously consider it.

Adam Jobbins
    Keymaster

I think NZ is in a much better position – but I redeemed almost all of my VA points back in March (before VA went into administration) and am glad I did.

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

It depends what you use APD for – there are a myriad of opportunies for using APD, and a significant number of people now spend most of their APD on 3rd party rewards rather than flights.

I see pretty much zero risk of anything happening to APD now. In many ways the worst uncertainty part of Covid is now past.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Back in Mar/Apr I did consider offloading APD but to be honest I’d just be buying crap I don’t need. I don’t expect to get the same type of value from APD as previously but I do still expect to get value. Air NZ won’t be going under so I’ve no concerns about losing APD altogether.

Paul Spain
    Keymaster

I found things to use a decent chunk of points on. Now I need to earn some more points, however I’m picking destination options will be limited for sometime.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.