Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Goosey
    Participant

Hi,

If I were to make a booking for myself and others whom Ive made part of my “shairpoints” family, can I pay using points for them all or just myself (as is now)?

Goosey
    Participant

Update:  I figured out that I should have been appointing people as “giftees” from within my profile options), and this allows payment with airpoints for anyone on your booking (as long as they are your pre loaded giftee).

Perhaps I was expecting too much, I was expecting a points plus $$ option for each and every traveller..I guess that makes it more complicated for the web dev….

Kiwiwings
    Participant

You’ve got it 🙂

You could book your own ticket separately with cash then use the airpoint dollars for the other members. It’s sort of the same thing. Then call Air NZ to ask them to link the bookings  just in case they need to juggle passengers around – RARE you’d lose your seat but it happens. Try social media (save some phone time).

I don’t travel with my partner that often but when we do I typically use the airpoint dollars for his ticket but we still split the cost of the paid ticket which is cheaper. In a roundabout way it’s a points and cash option and we’re basically getting there for half price.

I just had a quick look at the flexipay option with airpoints for domestic fares and it has some flexipay cost in there as well, and if you have to pay the rest by credit card you also get charged for the credit card fee.

You are far better off booking full fares using airpoint dollars and paying outright cash for the other.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.