Home Community General Travel Hotels & Accomodation Air NZ / Expedia – what's the general feeling, good?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kiwiwings
    Participant

Just booked grabaseat today and had the Expedia page pop up. I normally use hotels.com for non chain loyalty although the prices on offer are certainly a bit cheaper on the NZ / Expedia site when comparing the 2 sites for prices (same room, conditions, dates). I understand the price offered after booking a flight are for a limited time only – no pressure!! It says I have 20 days to decide and there’s a countdown timer.

It looks like you can book accommodation for other destinations at the same time but yet to explore that option. I checked out Bali booking direct with a hotel and the Air NZ / Expedia price was $50 cheaper than booking directly with the hotels website plus earning a few extra APD. Not many but still gives you that warm fuzzy feeling when you know you’re both earning and saving.

At another NZ property / night comparing hotels.com $194, entertainment book $179.10, and NZ/Expedia $192 – entertainment book came out on top.

I wonder what their price guarantee is like given general reports of best rate guarantee challenges aren’t good with hotel operators finding any reason to duck it. Interestingly the NZ website also has a little camera to help you screen shot something for feed back.

Does anyone have any experience to share with this? Does the hotel booking come up in your NZ app? Can you book multiple other destinations in the time frame?

After all that, I’m hoping to stay with a friend instead if they’re in town!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.