Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    GlobalTraveller
    Participant

Has anyone here earned an elite threshold gift lately? I’m keen to know what’s on offer the Air NZ website is suggestive but not clear what’s currently on offer… as they make the statement above the list stating ‘some of these may include’. See below

We’ve refreshed the Elite threshold gift selection and will be adding lots of new options in the future. Some of these may include:

• Fine dining experiences at some of New Zealand’s best restaurants, as well as international dining experiences across Australia and the UK
    • An additional long haul Recognition Upgrade or another banked year at Elite status for the future
    • An overnight stay at one of our acclaimed hotel partners in New Zealand and Australia
    • Fun family activities, spa treatments or tickets to sporting events to share with loved ones
    nzregs
    Participant

From a recent email:

Investing in the future
    In past years, we have sent gifts to our Elite members at Christmas, but because it is difficult to cater to differing tastes and preferences, each year we receive mixed feedback. One of the most common suggestions is that we use the money spent on gifts to instead support youth or charities. So, taking this feedback on board, this year we will use those funds to give even more Kiwi kids the means to realise their dreams through a greater Air New Zealand contribution to the Airpoints for Schools programme.

We are now inviting New Zealand schools to apply for the 2018 Airpoints for Schools programme, with donations opening early next year. If you know a school that you feel may benefit from this extraordinary opportunity, please encourage them to apply before 3 November. Details are available here.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

Not me, but if I had a choice I’d probably go for the long haul RU or banked elite yr. You can just save for the remaining options.

nzregs
    Participant

So are they keeping the threshold gifts but ditching just the xmas gifts?

I would likely pick RU/parking/banked years or other air/airpoints related options. I guess some probably always book business travel so may not need those sort of reward optionz… and might prefer other gifts.

Paul Spain
    Keymaster

I’m pretty sure that the additional ‘banked year’ option is a new one – and I imagine it would be tempting to quite a few people.

Paul Spain
    Keymaster

I’ve found out to get the extra banked year of Air New Zealand Elite Status as ‘Threshold Gift’ you need to earn 5000 status points.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I’ve found out to get the extra banked year of Air New Zealand Elite Status as ‘Threshold Gift’ you need to earn 5000 status points.

At that level of flying you’re flying Air NZ because they’re your preferred airline or company’s airline. Not for the gifts.

Kiwimac
    Participant

The chances of me ever getting that high are minimal I think, short of some major changes (especially to the Minister of Finance in our house!). I reckon I deserve a pat on the back for getting to Silver..!

If I ever did get that high, then the banked year would be my choice, FWIW

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

The chances of me ever getting that high are minimal I think, short of some major changes (especially to the Minister of Finance in our house!). I reckon I deserve a pat on the back for getting to Silver..! If I ever did get that high, then the banked year would be my choice, FWIW

You actually earn a banked year at 2,400 SP in a year. This additional threshold is for a 2nd banked year.

I’m going to end up with probably somewhere around 2,000 SP for the year which isn’t enough to get to a banked year. While I get rollover points unless I suddenly stop flying they won’t necessarily be of any use so in effect are wasted. 🙁

Kiwimac
    Participant

I wish I had one of those jobs where I flew so much.

A large UK company I worked for used to appropriate all the airpoints from business travel, on the grounds that they were paying the bill so the airpoints belonged to them. I bet there’d be a lot less Gold Elites around if that ever catches on!

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

I wish I had one of those jobs where I flew so much. A large UK company I worked for used to appropriate all the airpoints from business travel, on the grounds that they were paying the bill so the airpoints belonged to them. I bet there’d be a lot less Gold Elites around if that ever catches on!

The all of government contract has provisions in it for SP and APD earn on bookings. Some other large corporates also now have the same provisions in their bookings – earn SP + APD on flights or earn SP only and get a further discount on flight cost.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.