Home Community General Travel Hotels & Accomodation Accor Exec Lounges in NZ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kiwiwings
    Participant

Which Accor hotels in NZ actually have lounge access?

I think Auckland Pullman and Sofitel Queenstown do but I’m not sure about the rest eg Sofitel Wellington. I don’t think Auckland Sofitel does.

Kiwimac
    Participant

I have Accor Gold status and hope to make it to Platinum this year.

None of the Wellington properties offer Club floors or lounges. Sofitel is closed still (after being delayed by more than 12 months due to construction delays, they managed to have a fire in the kitchen within 6 months of opening which for some reason has meant almost a further 12 months of closure) but I stayed there twice before the fire and never saw or read of a lounge. Novotel certainly does not.

For some reason the Club Floor/Exec lounge option is rare here. I book it every time I travel to Asia – it is worth every penny – and I am in the Sofitel in Sydney for 5 days in September which has a very nice one too.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I was bumped up to platinum recently and wasn’t aware. The amex card has Accor plus membership included (which I’ve previously purchased as I get really good use out of it) and when that renewed via the Amex I went from gold to platinum. A+ gives you silver membership normally although I didn’t think they’d downgrade me but I wasn’t expecting an upgrade either! Reality is I don’t think I’ve ever stayed at a Pullman and I don’t usually stay at Sofitels so I’ll probably really only benefit from getting a few more points per stay. But if the opportunity arises to stay at a place with a lounge in NZ or Australia then I’ll try and make it work if the price is right.

Asia I have a bit of a hankering to go with GHA or non chain properties but I’ll keep an open mind.

Kiwimac
    Participant

They have been known to hand out Platinum in the US as a starting point.

The best benefit it confers IMV is the automatic entry to the Executive Club regardless of whether you are staying in one of the room grades that normally has that benefit, so you can sleep in a cheaper room but still access the lounge with free breakfast, pre-dinner cocktails, canapés etc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.