Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kiwiwings
    Participant

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-nz/offers/cug/accor-plus.html?cid=EMNZ26880

This was advertised on the Accor plus website.

I have to admit I have a hankering to fly the AKL-DOH-xxx in economy return just to say I’ve flown one of the worlds longest flights in economy! But no dates for me just yet – haven’t figured out where xxx is :). I’ve heard some other kiwi flyers talking about it on my flights and they’ve been happy with their experience.

Although it’s the 2-2-2 layout in business it’s still really comfy with outstanding service, food is great. Had zero issues with having a stranger next to me even if they’re in lie flat mode. The only downside I’ve read about is running out of the NZ Sav blanc! And no wifi, IFE looked ‘ok’ but I don’t really use it much. Doha is pretty good to transit through with a pretty nice J lounge. Economy you’re relegated to less nicer lounges but still ‘ok’. I’m assuming they’ll upgrade to their Q suites in time on this aircraft so I guess you could hang out until then.

There’s plenty of pictures on you tube or you can look up CNN’s Richard Quests coverage of the inaugural flight on CNN’s website.

Anyway, hope someone can make good use of a slight discount.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.