Home Community General Travel The Departure Lounge (Off Topic) Fairgo Story about the Name on Ticket being correct

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Craig Whitmore
    Participant

Cough… This is common…

I have traveled on this and other tickets like this. It’s pretty common.

It looked like she had her name as Firstname Firstname Lastname or similar.

Ticket....

Stu
    Participant

Might like to remove your passport details.

Craig Whitmore
    Participant

I would but it doesn’t seem like I can edit/delete my own post.

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

I think I fixed it.

What was the story about exactly?

Craig Whitmore
    Participant

A lady got a reward (Via emirates on anorher carrier) ticket and the name on the ticket was wrong (looked like the first name was repeated in the last name field ). She was refused boarding and had to pay $1000 for a new ticket.

To the lay person the ticket looked Ok but someone made a mistake in entering the info (she did it over the phone she said).

Fairgo said to make sure the tickets where correct but as my ticket shows having the first/middle name without spaces is very valid showing on tickets.

It was a little confusing whose fault it was but when she logged into her online account at the end it showed her first name repeated.

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

All my tickets show the same as yours.

Kiwiwings
    Participant

I didn’t see the Fair Go episode.

I’ve read something where middle names were an issue on some Asian or Chinese carriers but people got around it by omitting the middle name. Never taken any notice on NZ because I’ve never heard of any issues. Just looked at Cathay and Delta tickets. CX has a gap between first and middle name and Delta has gaps between all names and surprisingly all names in order.

I’ve given up on VA and trying to correct my middle name which looks like it appears with my first name. It hasn’t caused me any issues to date though which is why I haven’t called back for the umpteenth time.

Paul Spain
    Keymaster

On my tickets the first name and last name are usually run together too. I’d love to know why.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.