Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jevvv
    Participant

Hubby & I are heading to Europe for four months in May.

We’ll be stopping over in Hong Kong just for a day each way, and have never been there before.

Any tips about the airport, the airline and the lounge?

It’s been so long since I’ve flown anywhere apart from Vanuatu & Aus

Kiwiwings
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I’ve only flown Cathay premium economy on the 777 but I’m guessing you’re flying out of Auckland on the A350. I LOVE this aircraft so regardless of cabin class I think you’ll enjoy it. I have 3 flights on Cathay later in the year so will have a better feel for them then. Day flight up to Hong Kong so should be easy. If tall check out row 60a. https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Cathay_Pacific_Airways/Cathay_Pacific_Airbus_A350-900.php</p>
    I believe WiFi is available as well for a decent price. Cathay has a good reputation. Food I think will be ok but I never expect anything great. You can search you tube for reviews of your aircraft and cabin class.

I am in Hong Kong after you so have been researching things as well. There’s a train into town ~ 25 mins. I’m staying a bit longer so will get the Octopus card. You can hand the card back and get any $ leftover back. (Can’t remember if it’s minus a few $).

Apparently the Star Ferry is a cheap way to see the Hong Kong skyline. I’ll probably do that plus a proper cruise on the evening when they have a light show. Otherwise food & shopping seem to be the order of the day.

Maybe the big Buddha on the same island as the airport. There’s a gondola to take up. You could do that island one day and on the return head into town.

When it cones to airports I generally find the websites useful but you might have to do a bit of digging to find what you want. Seems there is an east and West Hall plaza premium lounge. As a generalization I’ve found the Asia plaza premium lounges quite nice . https://www.hongkongairport.com/en/passenger-guide/airport-facilities-services/airline-lounges

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.