Home Community General Travel Hotels & Accomodation Accommodation near SFO

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul Spain
    Keymaster

I’m in San Francisco late next week, and haven’t booked a hotel or Air BnB yet. Any recommendations of accommodation for one person reasonably close to the airport?

GlobalTraveller
    Participant

I found there are plenty of options on Airbnb

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

If you’re after hotels there are plenty of options near the airport. Being a bit of a Hilton fanboi I find the Hilton SFO and DoubleTree SFO both good options. They’re both near a lagoon right on the waterfront and have great views of the airport and it’s a great place to go for a walk in the evening. There are another few hotels in that general vicinity incl a Hyatt and Crowne Plaza that I haven’t stayed at.

The Best Western and Holiday Inn are also another good (and normally lower cost) option if you’re looking for something on the Northern side of the airport. Buses also run past these direct to downtown.

All the hotels offer free airport shuttles typically every 15-20 mins. You can also use these to get to the airport to catch the BART into the city (but it costs more from SFO rather than Milbrae), and there is also a Burlingame shuttle that stops at most of these hotels and heads to the Burlingame Caltrain station. A few of the hotel shuttles will also stop in Burlingame.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.