Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nate
    Participant

I’ve got both the Westpac and the Kiwibank cards, any idea what the maximum status points earn are on these?

I know, to get status, you need to do at least 50% in flying.  I wondered if there was a ceiling with the cards re points.

Paul Spain
    Keymaster

I don’t think there is a maximum amount of status points you can earn via an Airpoints credit cards but to start getting the ‘Elite Threshold Gifts’ on Air NZ you must earn at least 1,400 Status Points on Air New Zealand travel. Elite Threshold Gifts come into play when you get to 3,000, 5,000 and 7,500 Status Points.

Threshold Gifts include:

• An overnight stay at one of Air NZ’s hotel partners in New Zealand and Australia
    • A six-course tasting menu with matching wines at Clooney, one of Auckland’s leading degustation restaurants
    • An additional long haul Recognition Upgrade
    • A four-course dining experience at Peter Gordon’s The Providores and Tapa Room in Marylebone High Street, London
    nate
    Participant

Ah cool, thanks for the info 🙂

Steve Biddle
    Keymaster

It’s also worth remembering that for Elite’s that the earn requirements are different for Gold and Silver. For both Gold and Silver 50% of earn can come from credit cards. The other 50% can come from Air NZ flights, partner flights, and Star Alliance Flights.

For Elite the credit card earn % is less and credit card earn and Star Alliance earn are grouped together. This means you need at least 900 of your 1500 or 810 from your 1350 for renewal from actual Air NZ flights or qualifying partner flights – which are deemed as Virgin flights between NZ/AU, Cathay Pacific Flights between HKG/AKL and United between SFO/AKL.

I’m not aware of any banks imposing limits on APD/SP earn, but if you look at personal cards some do say in the T&C that they’re for personal use only so I guess they could if it was abused. Westpac have their Airpoints Business MasterCard which has no such restrictions.

Travelling fan
    Participant

We’ve found that even though the Status points might be maxed out if you haven;t done enough Air NZ travel to make it to Elite…the points themselves still keep accruing…which helps pay for the next trip!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.